When it comes to eating veggies, purple is the new green of 2018. We see it in beetroots, violetsweet potato, and hibiscus flower – each rich in anthocyanins, a natural antioxidant. Not only healthy, but also packed with flavour.
The possibilities with cooking purple plants are endless. For sealing in all the rich nutrients youshould be cooking with steam or sous-vide. AEG technologies enable you to cook with highprecision at low temperatures - ensuring that you get the most out of purple produce.
Every meal should be an experience. With that in mind we created the SteamPro oven. It has three cooking modes - heat, steam and a combination of both. In the combination mode it will calculate exactly the right combination of heat and steam automatically. Which means golden and crisp will be consistently achieved on the outside while food is always juicy and succulent on the inside.
Whether you’re roasting or grilling meats, baking bread, creating delicate desserts or using the SousVide feature which we provide to professional restaurants around the world- you can be confident your cooking will be elevated to another level.
Purple cabbage dumplings
About 20 pcs
- 1 Red cabbage
- 200 ml of black rice
- 400 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of miso pasta
- 1 teaspoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of finely-chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds
- Pour water into the steam container on the AEG SteamPro or SteamBoost Oven.
- Set the AEG Oven to Full Steam.
- Make a fine cut around the stem of the cabbage core and remove completely.
- Place the cabbage head in a steam tray, put in oven, and steam for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- Bring the water to boiling on the AEG MaxiSense Pure induction hob. Pour in the black rice.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is soft and the water has been absorbed into the rice.
- Mix in the miso paste, garlic, and ginger into the rice.
- Remove the cabbage head from the AEG SteamPro Oven and loosen the leaves. Check that the leaves are soft enough to roll without breaking. Depending on the season, time will vary for getting the proper softness. Steam the leaves more if necessary.
- Cut and remove the coarse parts of the leaves and divide each leaf into (approx.) 3 parts.
- Fill each leaf with rice and pin it together with a small toothpick. Place in steam tray.
- Steam the dumplings for 10-12 minutes in the AEG SteamPro Oven at Full Steam.
- Mix the dipping ingredients into a bowl.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and roasted sesame seeds.